Monday, September 26, 2011

Spicy Chicken Thighs

This past week the Air Force gave my husband a training assignment for five months. He will be on assignment from November to March. There will be a flurry of activity in our house for the next month, preparing for his departure. When circumstances come that cause us to be apart, I am thankful for our strong commitment and support that we provide one another. These past few days I have been reflecting on the beauty of our love and the strength he is to me. I remember the reading my Grandma read at our wedding ~

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love does not envy or boast. It is not arrogant. Love is not rude, it is not self-serving. Love is not easily angered, or resentful. Love rejoices not in evil but in truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. These three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.  ~ adapted from I Corinthians 13

 I hope each of you have a love like this in your life....and if you don't, make a point to give the gift of true love to your family and friends.

For the next few weeks, the recipes that I post will be some of my husbands favorites since I will be cooking and baking especially for him before he leaves. These spicy chicken thighs are requested by him often.




Spicy Chicken Thighs
Source: original recipe
Prep: 10 minutes   Bake: 30-40 minutes   Oven: 425 degrees F

2    tablespoons Kosher salt
3    tablespoons brown sugar
2    tablespoons chili powder
1    tablespoon hot smoked paprika
1    tablespoon paprika
1    tablespoon cumin
3    teaspoons pepper
1    teaspoon thyme
1    teaspoon herbs de provence
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4-5 lbs. chicken thighs

Mix all spices and herbs together in a small bowl. Place chicken thighs in a 9x13 pan and rub all sides with the spices. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Bake for 30-40 minutes turning once about halfway through the baking time.

Harmony's Thoughts
To make ahead, mix spices and herbs, rub on chicken and place in the refrigerator until ready to use, up to 8 hours. 
I have also grilled these chicken thighs on medium high heat about 20-25 min. I rub the chicken with olive oil before coating with the spices when I grill them. 
If you don't have hot smoked paprika, substitute regular paprika. (although I suggest trying it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment